- About Me
- My Presentations
- Images: Creative Commons
- Music: Creative Commons
- Stock Video: Creative Commons
- Editing Tools for Digital Projects
- Presentation Tools
- 20+ Webtools for Teachers and Students
- Infographic Creators and Tools
- Authors Who Skype (or have Skyped)
- Find the Next Best Book to Read
- Ten+ Webtools for Digital Storytelling
Wednesday, February 15, 2017
15 Ways to Use Snapchat and the Library
You know what that means?
Students will be more likely to scan QR codes using their favorite social media site than having to download a site that are favorited by educators. And off I went down this path of resistance to blow it wide open.
I confess, I was one of those people who wasn't going to Snapchat....at all. Why? Because it was for "another generation" beyond me, I didn't want to learn something else, I was fine with what I already have. But then Sarah's butterfly kicked my butt! That is NOT the right attitude to have! If social media is going beyond the standard, then I should hold myself up to that standard too!
So....ideas just started FLYING! I'm going to write them down really quick so I won't forget them either!
1. Of course, QR codes....
2. learning from my followers!!! Ideas come from all over!!
3. Highlight the great things happening in the library with a story so people can see the importance of school libraries.
4. doing quick booktalks
5. sharing book covers from a certain genre or collection
6. A quick reminder to students about what's happening
7. before and after pics or videos
8. Using those silly filters on books with faces (a librarian shared hardcopy of these...I want to try digital now!)
9. monthly library "story" update
10. Snapchat school events I attend (to show librarians DO things other than "librarian-ish" things)
11. Quick preview of new library resources
12. testimonials on the importance of libraries from teachers, admin, students
13. take a pic of a tweet you're going to send to "smash" two social media apps together instead of typing it all over again
14. do a library mystery theater or "escape room" type of program
15. answering the age-old question, "What do librarians do all day??"
This was a QUICK overview of my enthusiasm spilling over today but I hope you can use these ideas as well as SHARE great ideas via comments with everyone. And if you want to follow me, I'm at nhstexlibrary
Have fun, and start Snapchatting!
See you on the filtered side!!