Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I'm overwhelmed!!! And I like it...

7:30am-5:00pm. Most would think that's a looooong day. But not when you're at TCEA!!
You wouldn't BELIEVE how much I've learned today at this tech conference! It's like sitting at a Chinese food buffet and gorging because everything is sooooo good. Okay, that's not a really great analogy, but first of all, I love Chinese food and secondly, I know how that feels after I get up from the table.

Well, try ingesting all of the amazing and powerful web 2.0 sites out there I learned today, and I'm stuffed, overfilled, and can't wait to go back for seconds!! But I really really need to digest what I've learned and pick and choose which ones I'm going to want to keep on my plate and those I just want to sample.

And the dessert? Listening to Dr. Teri Lesesne speak about 21st century readers and technology. They're integrated....not separate. She is a goddess who speaks common sense wisdom with research behind her words! Can't wait for her new book, Reading Ladders, to get published!

Okay, enough of the analogies. Want to know the sites I found AMAZING? Here they are, in no particular order:

jamstudio.com - create your own music online and download as mp.3
photopeach.com - slideshow alternative
dialmycalls.com - make and send a single phone call to up to 25 people free
vocaroo.com - record your voice and post online
formatoz.com - file converter
letterpop.com - templates to create newletters, flyers and more
magtoo.com - slideshow with pop!
loonapix.com - animate or put effects onto your photos
plurk.com - another social networking site
blabberize.com - make a talking picture
stagedproject.com - make a 3-D video
toondoo.com - make an animated video
scribd.com - embed your doc online instead of using another app to open it
polleverywhere.com - use a cell phone as a CPS response
timetoast.com - interactive timelines
greatsummary.com - finds the topic sentences and summarizes texts for you
tagcrowd.com - word cloud creator
wordsift.com - word cloud creator and vocabulary builder. Click on a word in the cloud to create a text visualizer
chartgizmo.com - online chart creator. No more excel spreadsheets

And I still have another two days!!! Yessssssss.....

And no, haven't given up on the reading either. At night, I trying to balance my time between the two, and am currently reading Eireann Corrigan's newest book, Accomplice. Will post that review as soon as I finish reading it. So far, so great. I'm loving that one to the point of creating a trailer....

And Angela Steagall, you inspire and motivate me to do next school year what you're doing right now!!

3 comments:

Jenny P said...

What a great post! Thanks I have only just discovered your blog and I'm so glad. As a teacher librarian in Australia, I can see that your blog is going to keep me updated with the latest web2.0 sites relevant to my job! Not to mention some great ya books that I'll look out for in our bookstores.
Thanks again
Jenny P

Coffeegrljapan said...

I can't wait to check out some of these things! What fun!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing these sites, Naomi!