Wednesday, April 28, 2010

So much to say blog about...

First, I want to blog about another blog. I tripped over this one while wandering through the www. I didn't hurt myself....it was a great fall though. There's something to be said about guybrarians. I like the way they write and think. And this blogger is one of those types. He points something out that I'm very guilty of...since reading this about a week ago, I've made some drastic changes. Here's his entry that'll make you think:

http://www.walkingpaper.org/960


And dare I mention the three amazing books (galleys) I've been reading and juggling? One's about two sisters and a murder, another is about a blind girl that's been kidnapped, and the other is not a galley, but an already published book about a teen living with a hoarder.
Give me the titles of two of these books and I'll send you the galleys for review....
And they are GREAT!!
Hint: Scholastic and Bloomsbury, and Henry Holt

7 comments:

Mezzowriter said...

Is one of them "Dirty Little Secrets" by C.J. Omololu?

I'm really intrigued with that one. Almost bought it yesterday but found something else that I had to have instead.

:)

Melissa said...

The blind girl who is kidnapped is: Girl, Stolen by April Henry, due out October 2010

AND

The teen living with a hoarder is:
Dirty Little Secrets by C.J. Omololu

melissa [at] yabookshelf [dot] com

Naomi said...

Hi Melissa : )

YES!!! If you'd give me your address via my email (naomi.bates@gmail.com) I'll send those galleys to you : )

Sherry Thompson said...

Ok, I wasn't quick enough, but here is what I think:

The book about the two sisters and murder is The Sweetness of Salt by Cecelia Galante; the book about the teen and the hoarder is Dirty Little Secrets by C.J. Omolulu; and the book about the kidnapped blind girl is Girl Stolen by April Henry. I want to read them all!

Naomi said...

The other book is The Deadly Sister by Eliot Schrefer. I'll be blogging reviews soon, and one will be a trailer. Already have the details written out : )

Unknown said...

Is the book about the parent hoarder, 'Dirty Little Secrets?' Doesn't the parent die and the daughter is then forced to deal with the fallout, at least that's what I heard from my buddies!

bj neary said...

Dirty Little Secrets
by C.J. Omololu
I wasn't quick enough, all the books looks great though!